ISO/IEC 20000-1 – IT service management
How can we help you?Request information
Know what you need?Request quote
Develop and improve processes for the design, creation, delivery, support and management of IT services.
Certification of your IT service management system demonstrates the ability to deliver effective services relating to configuration management and change management and process is covering incident and problem management.
In an increasingly technology driven world, the ability to deliver IT services internally and externally and to resolve issues gives companies a competitive edge in national and international markets.
ISO/IEC 20000-1 provides a framework and a systematic approach to plan, implement, operate, review, maintain and improve an IT service management system.
What is ISO/IEC 20000-1
ISO/IEC 20000-1 is the most recognized international standard for IT management systems. It is currently in its third iteration (2018). The nature of ISO/IEC 20000-1 allows it to be applied to the complete range of business sectors, scopes, and activities. It can be limited in scope to defined areas of the organization or expanded to cover all internal activities and customer needs.
- It assists organizations to establish service management policy and objectives and understand how significant aspects can be managed, implement necessary controls and set clear objectives to improve IT service delivery.
- It allows an organization to manage its obligation to comply with applicable legal and requirements and other stakeholder obligations, and to regularly check the compliance status. This permits a continual improvement of the management system to enhance its performance.
ISO 20000-1 is designed to be compatible and harmonized with other recognized management system standards, including ISO 9001. It is therefore ideal for integration into existing management systems and processes.
Benefits of becoming certified
The potential benefits of ISO 20000-1 are numerous, but the most significant and tangible ones are that the standard enables your organization to:
- Build and operate an IT management system within a well-defined and clear framework, which at the same time is flexible to your own business needs and expectations.
- Reduce the vulnerability to organizational risk particularly cyber threats.
- Meet contractual requirements.
- Increase consumer and business trust and satisfaction for the IT services offered.
- Ensure seamless and trouble-free operation internally and externally.
To obtain certification, you need to implement an effective IT service management system complying with the requirements of the standard.
DNV is an accredited third-party certification body and can help you throughout the journey with relevant training and certification.
Learn more about how to get started on the road to certification.